Peter Cannon was born in Tibet, where his American parents died while ministering to an order of monks laid low by disease. Out of respect for his parents' sacrifice, the monks chose Peter to be raised as their "Chosen One" and taught the secrets of the ancient scrolls which enabled him to unlock the secrets of the mind (angering the individual known as the Hooded One, who had assumed the secrets would be given to him). Eventually, the now adult Peter was tasked to return to the outside world with his friend Tabu (who was really a hallucination) and use the knowledge and powers he had been given for the betterment of mankind. He did this by adopting the identity of the masked superhero Thunderbolt, though he later chose to reveal his identity to the world. He has since encountered and been aided by two mysterious superhumans calling themselves Adam and Eve.
Peter has reached the peak of human abilities, enabling him to have superhuman levels of agility, strength and reflexes and the power to project images using his mind.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Peter is at the peak of human strength.
- Peter Cannon was created for the Charlton Comics Action Heroes line in the 1960s, but unlike the majority of those characters was owned by his creator, Peter Morisi, not by the company. He was briefly used by DC Comics from 1985 to the early 1990s but the rights to the character later reverted to Morisi (though DC have had the character make unauthorized, unnamed cameo appearances in crowd scenes since then).
- The character of Ozymandais in Alan Moore's Watchmen was loosely based on Peter Cannon.
- 10 Appearances of Peter Cannon (Earth-818793)
- Media Peter Cannon (Earth-818793) was Mentioned in
- 48 Images featuring Peter Cannon (Earth-818793)
- Quotations by or about Peter Cannon (Earth-818793)
- Character Gallery: Peter Cannon (Earth-818793)